Help with solar quotes

Help with solar quotes

Installed a smaller 6kw system in Philadelphia a few years back but ended up moving north to Bucks County. Gave the first offer to the Philadelphia company because they had excellent customer service when it came to the installation as well as any issues that came up after. My roof is corrugated metal, recently installed, perfectly south facing and a small garage that is also south facing. I wasn't intending to put solar on the garage but after discussion I will. I use around 10kw a year and plan on buying an EV in the next year, possibly a second in 5yrs. So my ideal size system is 10-15kw.

Initial quote

$3.19/watt $30580 9.6kw (Hanwha QCells 320 x 30) Solaredge HDwave inverter 25yr warranty on panels and inverter I would finance $10000 and the fee would be $1200

Sounded reasonable for the area, but I wanted a second quote so I went with a local Bucks County outfit. They wanted to beat them outright. Blew them out of the water.

$2.42/watt $34509 14.26kw (Jinko 310 x 46) Solaredge HDwave inverter(s) 25yr warranty on panels, 10yr on inverters They will personally finance 10k for a year, no fees Need an upgrade to 200amp breaker for an additional $2300

Genuinely liked talking with these guys and appreciated the competitive offer right up front. Sent the offer back to the Philadelphia company...here's what they came back at.

$2.42/watt $35622 14.72kw (QCells 320 x 46) Solaredge inverter(s) 25 and 25 warranty Probably can't personally finance the 10k, so $1200 fee 200amp upgrade for an additional $2000

So larger array, ends up being $900 more and the same price per watt because of the finance fee. Stuck on what's more important to me, the larger array 14.72 vs 14.26 or the $900. Also Jinko vs QCells? Just based on the initial offer of the local guy, I want to go with them. On the other hand, I've worked with the other company and had a great experience. I haven't given the Philly offer back to the local guy yet, but I don't think there's much wiggle room at this point. $2.42/watt is already a great deal.

submitted by /u/Roman1360
[visit reddit] [comments] http://bit.ly/2WnlrgM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition