Help starting a small business

Help starting a small business

Hello, i'm from a town in the midwest (OK) that has no solar installation companies in any surrounding areas outside the large metro area. For about the past year or so I've been saving to start a solar business. I have enough capital and collateral that I should have no trouble securing a business loan.

I'd like to start out small doing the install with maybe 1 employee, and satisfying any requirements of needing an electricians sign off with my electrician father in law or brother in law. However hiring a competent experienced manager and letting him teach me the ropes so we can than have morph into 2 install teams is also a possibility. I'm an auto tech so complicated electronics don't phase me, i'm sure I could pick it up quickly.

I'm not sure wether I should go in feet first and fumble through an install at my own home so I have something to submit in my business plan and to have something to show clients during estimates.

or if i should spend 600 on an online class.

I've been doing lots of research but i'm having trouble coming up with a concrete direction. I haven't even found concrete requirements as far as a license to install pv systems except being an electrician.

tldr-I could use some help getting my feet wet starting a solar install company. I have a little small business expereince and a little DC electrical experience. any tips or links or stories would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/blinkystarbuck
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2HEX7CJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition