How to calculate if how much energy can 1 unit of solar panel make at my location?

How to calculate if how much energy can 1 unit of solar panel make at my location?

I've tried this but I don't know how accurate it is, because I recently moved to an all-year-long very sunny location with quite high temperature and it shows my old location (which was not nearly as sunny and hot) would provide more energy. So how does this work?

I'm totally lost and to be honest I'm looking for some guide for the layman to calculate how many solar panels would I need, etc.

Also whats the unit of measurement for it? Because as I see it's not m².

So how to start and calculate all of these? What stats matter (sunny hours and I guess the "power" of the sun)?

I've read the wiki but it didn't really take me far.

Could you help me out please?

P.S.: I'm in latin-america not the US

submitted by /u/p_howard
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2jphQwg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition