A few newbie questions

A few newbie questions

I've been researching adding solar to my house for a few days and have some questions I couldn't find definitive answers to. If someone can help answer them it would be appreciated.

  • It looks like there are a lot of additional parts you have to buy, such as batteries, inverters, etc. Should I just trust that the company installing everything will do it correctly with all the necessary parts, or is it better to select them all separately myself? Since there are so many parts coming from different places, does it require a massive amount of maintenance?

  • I read that solar batteries produce distortion which will damage high end electronics like hifi home theater systems. Is this true and how would you solve this?

  • Based on where I live it looks like solar wouldn't be able to cover my entire energy needs so I'd still need to use power from the grid as well. That means in the event of a power outage I'd still need to use a generator. Prior to looking into solar I had looked into Generac whole house generators but read that it's possible for them to spark and create a fire. Is this a significant risk or is it negated if it's installed correctly? I'd rather go with limited power for a few days than risk burning the house down.

submitted by /u/blippyz
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2xC78Jy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition