Powerwall follow up questions

Powerwall follow up questions

I had previously posted the following, while floundering about, trying to determine how to get Tesla to turn on my Powerwall 2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/solar/comments/9wq1xi/powerwall_2_inverter_question/

Not much has changed, other than me being vocal and persistent in reaching out to Con Edison, my provider, and Tesla. I am trying to coordinate a phone call between the Tesla Engineer and a Con Edison manager for tomorrow afternoon, and am trying to make sure I fully grok what I need to find out here.

Can someone assist with the following questions:

1 - the PW2 datasheet I found here (http://solarforward.com/pdf/products/Powerwall/Powerwall_2_AC_Backup_Datasheet_EN_NA.pdf) states that I 208volts is needed. Con Edison has confirmed I am getting 208 service. Why is Tesla telling me I require 240 volt service?

2 - someone had mentioned a pika 3 Harbor Battery as an alternative. Is this something Tesla would get involved in? I will be bringing it up as an alternative. (I have no desire to put a 4 foot tall transformer in or against my home) Would their app even be able to manage this device?

3 - The goal was to have a solar/backup solution. If they took the battery away, and refunded me ~8k, I'd be paying far more for a solar only solution than I am willing to pay. Would you push to have the panels removed? would you try to come to some financial agreement to leave the panels in place? If they were to remove the panels, I am assuming they'd need to redo my roof, which I don't think they should be keen on doing. Does anyone have experience here?

thanks for any and all feedback.

submitted by /u/MissingWellington
[visit reddit] [comments] http://bit.ly/2FZjIJD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition