Home solar system

Home solar system

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but here goes.

I am in SoCal and my electric bill per month over the last 2 years is 120-360. Prob avg 160 per month electric only. We recently installed a hot tub and now my electric only is 370 per month. kWh avg around 500 month with spikes to 700’s 3 month a year in summer. My recent bill and first with hot tub shows 1,069kWh for the month. About a 500 increase which pushes me to higher tiers etc.
So looking at solar.

We have concrete tiles and my roof faces east and west. What size system should I be looking at 5KW, 8 or 10? I would like the capacity to add an electric vehicle in the future and no longer worry about running ac. Assuming I need to re-paper roof as well.

I also have a 100A FPE panel I assume will need to be upgraded as well to modern breakers.

Any guidance that could be provided will be appreciated. I am currently collecting bids via yelp but wanted to reach out here to inform myself.

Thanks

submitted by /u/cliffslocal7
[visit reddit] [comments] http://bit.ly/2Dz445f

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition