How do you estimate solar panel system production?

How do you estimate solar panel system production?

Different solar installers are recommending different system sizes for my house. How do I know which one to go with?

My annual consumption is 8,500 kWh. Some vendors say a 5.25 kW system will meet my needs, some say 6 kW, some say 7.2 kW.

When I use the inputs below in PVWatts I need a 7.2 kW system. How are some vendors coming up with needing only a 5.25 kW system? Is there something other than PVWatts that I should be using?

Lat, Lon: 50.41, -104.66 0.0 mi

DC System Size: 7.2 kW

Module Type: Standard

Array Type: Fixed (open rack)

Array Tilt: 22.62°

Array Azimuth: 200°

System Losses: 18.37%

Inverter Efficiency: 96%

DC to AC Size Ratio: 1.2

Output: 8,517 kWh/Yr

submitted by /u/Coolslidder
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2A82uoR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition