Battery bank options for residential solar?

Battery bank options for residential solar?

I had a 9.6kW system installed two years ago. So far it has provided slightly less energy than we've used (we have an old zonal heating system I need to update to improve efficiency), I've received the government tax rebate for the installation, and I'm awaiting my first incentive check. Overall I'm very happy with the investment and think I made the right choice.

My next project is to install a battery bank. I'd like to have a setup that will work for ~2 days assuming minimal load -- if the power is "out", I won't be turning on unnecessary devices. This is mostly for the fridge, heat, and so on. Several people have recommended looking into the Tesla Powerwall, but I am sure there are alternatives out there.

My baseline load when the heat is not on is around 300Wh, if that helps at all.

submitted by /u/InternetPersonv6
[visit reddit] [comments] http://bit.ly/2CxY7VC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition