Solar Newbie questions about Legion Solar "no permission energy"

Solar Newbie questions about Legion Solar "no permission energy"

Solar is something that I would like to add to my house to reduce my grid energy consumption, but not really something I know much about. I came across this Kickstarter for Legion Solar which looks both simple and relatively inexpensive, but I don't know enough to evaluate the system and if it's a good deal. I'd really love to get the opinions of people who know what they are talking about. I have questions:

Are the panels sold with the Legion Solar kits cost effective or are there better options?

I like that the kit starts small and can be expanded over time. I understand that the starter kit and one panel merely reduces grid consumption and is not stored energy. I assume adding more panels will equal more savings and I probably won't see a huge impact from one panel. How would I go about calculating what savings over time I can expect per panel?

Since this system is not tied to the meter, does that mean I probably cannot take advantage of any incentive programs for solar offered by my power company?

What else is it important for me to know?

Do you think this is a good deal for a homeowner in Virginia, USA, largely unfamiliar with solar tech who just wants to reduce grid power consumption without spending a lot of money or dealing with legal permissions?

submitted by /u/Anianna
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2SlxA3c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition