Outback Radian/FlexMax/FlexNet: Limiting battery charge current while still maximizing grid sell?

Outback Radian/FlexMax/FlexNet: Limiting battery charge current while still maximizing grid sell?

I'm working on designing my install for next year, and one thing I've found that I think works, but I wanted to verify:

If I have an Outback setup (Radian inverters, FlexMax chargers, FlexNet DC for monitoring, etc), can I do the following?

  • Have a large array (call it 12-14kW effective output) that, operating at max output, can produce 250+ ADC into the battery bank.
  • Use the Mate3 to program the system such that the maximum battery charge current is restricted to a lower value (100A).
  • Have the system still producing the rated power, while selling the excess into the grid/house system (so putting 150ADC into the inverters).

Per my reading of the documentation, this should be doable with GT Mode and the various communication between systems. I just wanted to verify that this sounds reasonable to people more familiar with the system than I.

Also, is it possible to install a Radian without the GSLC box? It appears the DC connections on the bottom would be generally exposed without one.

submitted by /u/Syonyk
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2PKWiNx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition