Interested in Career in Solar (Technician)

Interested in Career in Solar (Technician)

Hello all,

Recently I have realized how powerful solar can be for our global economy. I am interested in learning more about it, making a difference, and working outside. I believe as we move forward solar has the potential to open up a big market for itself. With that being said, I am aware in order to become a solar technician, it helps to have passed the NABCEP exam. I am also aware that thousands of places hold classes to train to pass the exam and more.

I have been looking into a list of specific departments/community colleges that offer specific courses.

http://www.nabcep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/08.25.17-Registered-Assoc-Providers.pdf

When looking to be hired by an solar company/business, are there specific community colleges/departments (in the U.S.) that are known better than others?

(I am interested in residential home installation)

If so, are there specific hands on courses other than the NABCEP that would be beneficial to make me stand out over other applicants?

I am currently enrolled for an associates degree of Water Technology and Environmental Health and I intend on finishing it. Currently enrolled in school full time.

Your thoughts are welcome! Thank you!

submitted by /u/AyyoPatty
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2DYkgOQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition