Any advice for someone looking to get into PV design from an unrelated field?

Any advice for someone looking to get into PV design from an unrelated field?

Hi, all. I’m fairly early in my career, and I’m hoping to switch to the solar field before I get much older. I have a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering, but most of my experience is in food process and refrigeration. What are some ways I can make myself attractive as a candidate without explicitly related experience.

I am currently in the early stages of studying for the FE exam though I’m not planning to test a few month.

I may take an online course to earn the NABCEP PV associate test, as I often see this recommended to people looking to get into the industry.

Is the PV associate worth the price of admission for a job seeker? Is there anything else I should be looking at?

submitted by /u/rocknrollnerd3
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2SdOocf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition