Is this disconnect code compliant? And what type of fuse do I need to put in it?

Is this disconnect code compliant? And what type of fuse do I need to put in it?

I am in the process of putting up some ground-mounted solar. The wires from the array go into a combiner box, and that will go underground to the house, where it will enter the garage.
I know it has to be in metal conduit when it enters the house, AND it has to have an externally accessible service disconnect which will kill the power coming in from the array if emergency services deem it necessary (during a fire, etc.).

Is this disconnect switch, a Siemens GF222NR, compliant?
https://www.amazon.com/SIEMENS-GF222NR-240-Volt-General-Outdoor/dp/B000VYJR5Y/

It's NEMA 3R so it should be okay outdoors, and it's rated for up to 250 Volts DC, and 60 Amps.

My array's max VoC is ~110 volts, so the 250 VDC rating should leave me with enough headroom.

My array will be able to put out a maximum of 27 Amps short circuit current, so the 60 Amp rating is enough headroom after you add the 156% multiplier as required by the NEC.

If I'm correct that this is an acceptable product to use for the external service disconnect, what sort of fuses go in this thing?

And the NEC says they have to actually SAY they're rated for photovoltaic systems, if I understand correctly. Where would I get such fuses?

submitted by /u/pyromaster114
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2xUFTtX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition