[DC] How to choose the right panel/installer?

[DC] How to choose the right panel/installer?

I've received a few quotes for solar install and I'm having a hard time determining which combination makes sense for me. I'm looking at around a 7-8kW system.

I'm not sure how to determine if the SunPower panels offer enough value to justify the price over the Solaria option. Warranty and wattage being close enough, is the only real differentiator the long-term efficiency? We don't know if we'll be in the house for more than 5 years at this point, so beyond 10 years the solar only matters for resale value really.

Ignoring the reviews of the companies themselves, am I wrong in thinking that the Solaria option offers a much better value proposition than the SunPower offerings? SunPower seems very favorably reviewed, but does it warrant a .5-.8 $/W premium?

Panel $/W
Solaria 350W $3.60
SunPower 327W $3.88
SunPower 335/345W $4.18
SunPower 360W $4.44
submitted by /u/SioPaoR
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2Ig1DFD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition