Stupid question: do I need higher PV voltage than my battery for a solar charge controller to work? Or does the controller boost voltage?

Stupid question: do I need higher PV voltage than my battery for a solar charge controller to work? Or does the controller boost voltage?

I’ve looked at a number of charge controllers rated for 48v systems and it doesn’t really tell me what I need to know. Can I get a single grid tie (24v? ) panel and charge my 48v lion battery with most of the solar charge controllers I’m seeing? (Actually 58.4v fully charged)

I am making a 3kWh pack for boondocking and to power my furnace in an emergency. Would like to re-do wiring to incorporate solar source.

submitted by /u/sudz3
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2vdh7UO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition