Solar panel efficiency question

Solar panel efficiency question

Panel setup: 3x REC 290 Watt Solar Panel 1x MC4 Y Branch Connector Solar Panel Parallel Connection 1M3F+3M1F 1x MC4 Solar Panel Extension Cable Adaptor Connector 1x 1000W Grid Tie Inverter Stackable MPPT Pure Sine Wave

In this setup, I'm measuring about 450 watts of output from the inverter, which is hooked up to 3 solar panels. The panels are rated at 290 watts each, which amounts to 870 watts output. However, it is said that these panels have a 16% efficiency rating. I'm a bit confused about how the efficiency rating means to my setup. Am I supposed to be getting 870 watts output or 139.2 watts (16% of 870)? Am I getting something wrong? Is there a problem with the inverter or panels?

submitted by /u/ilalalayou
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2v5i5TC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition