Need advice on Solar City inverter repair

Need advice on Solar City inverter repair

Hi, I have a Solar City rooftop system on my house. It uses a Fonius IG Plus inverter. The inverter has been shutting down during high afternoon temperatures with an error code "STATE 212". I called Solar City and they sent a field tech out to look at it. He troubleshot it to a neutral fault card. He informed me that my inverter comes with with either a arc fault card or neutral fault and mine has the neutral fault. He told me that the cards are known to fail every couple of years. Because of this he bypassed the card. He seemed to make it sound as if it is no big deal. Was this an appropriate fix? What does a neutral fault card do? Is this what provides protection to my solar panels in case of a blackout in the neighborhood?

submitted by /u/muggsybeans
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2Ly7sD9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition