What is a good meter/data logger that would allow me to consume it's data through an API?

What is a good meter/data logger that would allow me to consume it's data through an API?

Hello,

I'm a software engineer recently working in a solar firm and we're building a web application to manage all of our project's consumption/injection and performance data.

Everything works just fine with ABB and SMA inverters, they provide an API and we're consuming their data with 0 issues, but for all other brands, we're kind of in the dark.

Both Fronius and GoodWe say explicitly that they have an API, but when checked it was not really what they said it was, Fronius calls it's Solar Web an API and GoodWe are bad at replying emails and providing useful info (in fact we may not work with those products anymore because it's such a hard work to contact someone that would answer). Ingeteam and Huawei are yet to reply to us.

So I started looking into meters or data loggers that'd do the job we need. But most sales representatives in my (3rd world) country don't really understand that we do not want to manually export CVS from their websites, we just want an API to query data in the way we think is best.

I am new to this world and the first time I ever saw an inverter was like 1 month ago, so I don't know much about Modbus RTU or SCADA systems, but for what I've studied, it's not what we need, but I might be wrong.

So I have come to you for clarification, am I drowning in a glass of water? I just need to query data from a server into mine, is that too much to ask? I've been looking and reading manuals for days now.

I hope someone can share a light!

Thanks in advance /r/solar friends!

submitted by /u/autopoiesies
[visit reddit] [comments] https://ift.tt/2um8da9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition