Question about Tesla setup

Question about Tesla setup

I am in the final stages of getting a solar system with Tesla but had a disturbing exchange with my rep last night. I asked if, in the event the grid went down, would my panels still charge the batteries, and hence my house. The answer was no, and the explanation was that "the grid powers the panels". This makes no sense to me at all, and basically makes the system near worthless to me as that was my primary reason for wanting the system. I thought the sun powered the panels which in turn charged the batteries. can someone explain this me? Is there some other alternative I should be looking at? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I want to be able to charge my batteries regardless of the status of the grid. Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question or the wrong forum.

submitted by /u/godspoken
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2o5iK4b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition