Cheap ways to make use of solar panels on building without a battery?

Cheap ways to make use of solar panels on building without a battery?

I’ve recently moved into a rental property which has solar panels feeding power into the building during the day. There’s no storage, so any excess is fed back to the grid, and my landlord receives a nice little payment every month. I pay for the energy I use outside daylight hours. There’s no gas supply to the property, so heating the rooms and water is all via electric.

I’m wondering if there are any (cheap) ways I can store the energy produced during the day to be used in the evenings, or make use of the energy to reduce my outgoings on the property.

I'm already doing things like putting a timer on the washing machine & dryer, using a slow-cooker for meals, heating the property during the day (which feels like a waste while I'm out of the property), but since I'm at work during daylight hours I figure most of my use is in the evenings (heating, cooking, TV, etc). I thought about getting a UPS, but most only act as a backup, not a primary source of power; I'd need something that could be told to use the battery until it reaches a certain level, then flip back to using mains power, and to only fill the battery between certain hours... I've not done any research, but I'm guessing those features would be rare.

Suggestions?

submitted by /u/hairlesscaveman
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2GMJ21M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition