NW Ohioan, new to solar, having trouble with the math

NW Ohioan, new to solar, having trouble with the math

Hello, Wondering if someone near me can give some examples of actual daylight and generation values. First, let me give some context. I'm hoping to buy a solar generator + battery storage, and want to see what size generator I'd need for 100% generation.

Based on the last year of consumption, my daily average consumption is 11kW. (highest peak being 14kW) That means that on average I consume (at most) 0.58kWh on my worst day Also, in the worst-case, on Dec21st, there are only 9h10m of sunlight. So in those 9 hours, I'd need to generate 14kW in order to be sustainable.

But I realize that isn't realistic at all. The Sun isn't full brightness at 7am sharp, it scales up. The panels would be fixed, and therefore not at 100% optimal angle all the time. Batteries heat up as they are charged, so there's energy lost there.

How on Earth can I calculate what ##kWh I would need in order to be sustainable?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Schwerlin
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2kdAVW6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition