NAPCEP Certification Questions!!

NAPCEP Certification Questions!!

Hello All Solar Redditors!!

I am currently enrolled in an advanced level PV course offered at the Solar Living Institute in Hopland, CA. Maybe some of you have been here, or at least heard of it? Anyways, the reason for taking this course is to be able to qualify to take the next NABCEP expert level exam, which I believe is offered in April 2018.

I am aware there are certain prerequisites regarding education and experience to even qualify for this test, all of which I meet. I got my NABCEP entry level in 2013, as well as a Photovoltaic Specialty certificate from SRJC. Since then, I have had 3.5 years experience in the field (same company the whole time) which started out doing system installs and segued into system design work, site surveys, creating site plans and line diagrams, pulling permits, installation, inspections, and everything in between.

So far, I have found unofficial practice tests online, a practice test that is officially backed by NABCEP which costs $70, and other forums on the subject. I am fine with doing the basic algebra and trig that I have seen practice questions on. Despite all of this, I am extremely nervous to take the test, especially considering that the course I am currently in was $1200 and the test is another several hundred.

Historically, I have been a good test taker as long as I have adequate preparation. Getting this certification will really boost my career and I do not want to fuck it up, especially since my company is sponsoring me for this class and travel expenses.

My questions to all of you solar minded folks: How did you prepare? Does anybody else even have this certification? Did you have special help to prepare you for the test? Do you have any resources that will help me prepare, or at least know of any that could be potentially helpful? Any questions that would be good to ask the prof regarding the subject? Do you have any kind of input or opinion on the subject of NABCEP in general?

Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

submitted by /u/mobocrat707
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2ipWezS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition