Looking for seller / installer in Eastern Canada

Looking for seller / installer in Eastern Canada

Briefly -

My finances and solar technology seem to be at the place where I am ready to take the plunge.

My location is here Google maps satellite view shows a huge simple roof line above the shade trees which I think is a good candidate for roof mounted panels.

[1] The home was new in 2003, so the current shingled roof is almost 15 years old. **Should I redo my roof BEFORE placing solar panels, I'm looking for wisdom that will minimize maintenance cost and effort.

[2] We heat with wood heat for less than $500 a year. Our electric bill is probably $110 a month including rental of hot water tank, and other fixed charges for $40 / month. Our rate is 10.81 ¢/kWh, so we are probably at 600 kwh/month.

[3] Our insolation for Moncton is averages 4.8 hours per day. 7.2 (high) 2.4 (low) source

[4] I assume I need between a solar system that provides 6-8 KW.

[5] Our province does net metering and I wonder if this is the best way to start, or should I plan for fully off grid?

submitted by /u/gordonjames62
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2AJEP05

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition