Can someone help me with this quote for a new home? They're suggesting Panasonic or Hyundai panels, which I'm not familiar with

Can someone help me with this quote for a new home? They're suggesting Panasonic or Hyundai panels, which I'm not familiar with

My parents are building a new home in Hawaii and they just sent me the quote from the solar installer. The quote consists of 72 Panasonic N325 panels (325W each), 3 Solar Edge 7600H inverters, and 3 PowerWall 2.0 batteries. With an 82% derate factor and 5.8 Sun Peak Hours, they estimate that'll create 110 kW/day (it's a big house). The cost is $50.7k after tax credits.

They also gave a quote using 82 Hyundai PERL Black series panels (285W each), which comes to $44.5k after tax credits.

I'm not really familiar with either of these panels' efficiency or warranty over the long term. Panasonic includes labor and shipping as part of their warranty while Hyundai does not, and I'm not sure about SunPower.

The prices do not include a critical load panel, which I know they want to have.

Do these quotes seem reasonable? Which one would you go with (or would you go with SunPower, which I believe is even more expensive)?

submitted by /u/Archa3opt3ryx
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2kdB2Rw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition