Can I get a real ELI5 on solar power? Probably to run a heat pump on a pool but maybe more.

Can I get a real ELI5 on solar power? Probably to run a heat pump on a pool but maybe more.

I really do mean a complete idiots guide because I'm struggling to get my head around the jargon. Lots of videos and blogs I've seen just seem to assume a degree of knowledge that I don't have.

Currently (in Spain, south facing) I have solar hot water and can switch from that to a gas boiler for hot water. I didn't put the system in and I have no idea what it needs in terms of maintenance, but it works well.

I would like to put in pool heating using a heat pump powered by solar but I glaze over when (sales) people start saying, "well you need batteries and an inverterator and you'll need to generate 3 jibber-jabbers"

I think, if I'm installing it (not me) it makes sense to add parts of the house too. Maybe the aircon? If I do that, presumably I need something to connect to the main supply and switch? How do I know when I'm generating electric for "free"

So, for the pool, assume I've got a 22kw heat pump. I'm told I need a 10kw solar system but how many panels is that and what goes in between? If I want to run it to the house, what sits between the panels and the house to switch it.

For the record, I'm not bothered about selling back to the grid (I think that's been ruined in Spain by the power companies) I would just like to harness some power for me during the day

submitted by /u/the_real_grinningdog
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2y0RB4e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition