Buying a house with 17 years remaining on Solar City?

Buying a house with 17 years remaining on Solar City?

I live in Colorado and am looking at buying a house. The house is GREAT. The downside is that they have 17 years left on the SCTY lease. The rate they have started at $0.09 kwh. It raises 2.9% every year.

Colorado is a very sunny place, and they claim they've only actually paid their electricity bill one month. We currently live in an apartment building and our electricity is ~$40 a month. But this house has central AC and I assume it would probably be around double that.

I'm incredibly nervous about buying with this lease. The homeowners are arguing it adds value, but since they aren't owned solar panels I don't see how that's possible. And when I go to sell I'm worried buyers will feel the same way I do.

Two questions:

  • Does the price seem good? $0.09 kwh from Solar City. My last electricity bill was $37 for 306.6 kwh

  • Does this impact value as much as I think it does?

Thank you very much for your time.

submitted by /u/TheFoxKing5
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2xP6x5p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition