Selecting solar panels in a hurricane prone area

Selecting solar panels in a hurricane prone area

I grew up in South Florida and I just returned from helping cleanup at my moms house down there. She discussed wanting to put in solar panels so I’ve been researching it a bit for her. One thing I’m skeptical of is attaching anything to the roof. We lost our roof in 2004 through the combination of 3 hurricanes and had to rebuild the house due to that so I don’t want to do anything that increases the risk. I wanted to check on here as to what people thought of the roof panel instillation for high winds (sheet metal roof) or how easy they would be to take down and store inside as part of hurricane preparation.

The other option I’m looking into is putting panels on the ground. I don’t think we would be able to put in as many (avoid blocking the view) but they wouldn’t be attached to the roof and would be much easier to take down before a storm.

What are some of your thoughts on this? Any recommendations for dealers to talk to in central Florida (if that’s allowed in this sub).

Thanks for your help!

submitted by /u/watergator
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2wJdg5e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition