Question about battery swelling

Question about battery swelling

I am just starting to look into getting a small solar setup (200w to start and upgrading to 400w as soon as I can) for an expedition trailer and I have an opportunity to get 4 three year old Interstate GC2-XHD-UTL for free, but they are all swollen to some extent. They have been on a scissor lift at work and have been charged a lot, and probably overcharged. We also recently noticed the water level was down so we refilled them. I have read that overcharging and low water will both cause swelling of the battery, but my question is whether or not these batteries would be worth the trouble of hauling and storing them until I piece together the rest of system or would the swelling make them worthless? Has anyone had any luck using swollen batteries as part of a solar setup?

submitted by /u/PopSmokeAndGTFO
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2wUnQBI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition