battery bank to inverter?

battery bank to inverter?

Hello, I am in the middle of a diy solar project for my van. I am going to run 10 gauge from the panels to the charge controller, then 10 gauge from the controller to the battery. I bought a 300W inverter from amazon that came with some thin wires, maybe 16 gauge, and in the manual it says to use a 40 amp fuse. My plan is to get new 8 gauge wire (or would 10 gauge suffice), to handle the 40 amp fuse, and use that to connect the inverter to the battery. On amazon a guy said to use a 50amp fuse as the inverter is rated to 600w surge so it would need to be 50amp to reach full potential as 600w/12v=50a. I am really just confused and do not want to light my van on fire. Any help explaining would be appreciated, and I can upload pics if necessary. Thanks.

submitted by /u/BoBean
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2jQusja

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition