Angle of roof - how much does it matter?

Angle of roof - how much does it matter?

I'm looking into buying a new home and trying to figure out how viable the houses I'm looking at would be for solar power. Both houses I'm looking at are facing north, and as far as I can tell have a decent amount of area on the south side of the house to fit solar panels. But I'm curious how much the angle of the roofs matter.

My intuition tells me that the ideal would be to have the panels angled the same as the latitude of the house, so like 32.something degrees in this case. One house is built in the 1950s and has a relatively flat roof. Way, way less than 32 degrees (like maybe 10 degrees? Not sure). The other house seems to have a much steeper roof.. maybe 50 degrees?

Are there some other things I should be taking into consideration?

Thanks redditors!

submitted by /u/vlatheimpaler
[visit reddit] [comments] http://ift.tt/2fKN1B4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Jobs Resources March 14, 2018 - HELP WANTED / TRAINING AVAILABLE: Must have sunny disposition